This workshop is a very interactive program for team leaders and members, designed to focus on the characteristics of an effective team player and the elements of an effective team. You will leave this program with a plan for your personal development as a team player and as a team leader, as well as with some ideas on how to improve your “at work” team.
Workshop Learning Objectives:
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the value of working as a team
- Recognize the critical role their communication skills will play in maintaining a team atmosphere
- Identify ways to participate and lead in a team setting
- Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive team behavior
- Provide an opportunity for team members to get to know one another, to enhance respect and to develop team spirit
Participants will receive a reading from the book “Team Players and Teamwork” to read prior to the session.
Introductions, Personal Objectives and Agenda
What is a team?
Setting ground rules of discussion
- Challenges the team faces
- Areas that may require personal and group changes
What is the value of cultivating a sense of team?
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages
- Identify steps for overcoming the disadvantages
The Parker Team Player Survey
Interpretation of the Results
- The four team player styles interpreted and verified
- Team player style and team success
- Communication style and problem-solving skills
- Roles within the team
Building sustainable agreements
What makes sustainable agreements?
- Building a shared framework of understanding
Identifying challenges and change
Review/Personal Action Plan